O-Lab and CEGA seek a Fundraiser. This is a challenging opportunity for professionals who are passionate about supporting innovative research; have a strong desire to expand and deepen their skills in partnership development; and who are energized to contribute to the long-term success of a dynamic organization.
Description The Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) is a hub for research on global development, with a network of over 60 academic researchers extending across the University of California, Stanford University, and the University of Washington. Our faculty affiliates design and test solutions for the problems of poverty, generating actionable evidence for policy-makers in less developed countries. Using rigorous field trials, behavioral experiments, and tools from data science, we measure and maximize the impacts of economic development programs throughout the world.
The Center’s research is organized by initiative. The new Opportunity Lab (O-Lab) initiative focuses on generating rigorous research on poverty and inequality in the United States and other developed countries. O-Lab is a growing network of Berkeley faculty generating cutting-edge research on important public policy issues.
Closing Date Apr 26, 2017 11:59 pm PDT Eligibility Responsibilities
The Fundraiser will assume responsibility for designing, developing, and implementing fundraising programs and outreach strategies; identifying new donor and partnership prospects through research; cultivating/soliciting donor prospects; and deepening relationships with current donors.
The Fundraiser will lead the organization of donor convenings, donor reporting, research dissemination, and strategic development planning. S/he will serve as a liaison to initiative leadership and potential donors/partners. This is a full time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop new ideas for attracting prospective donors and private companies to research opportunities (i.e. funding and data sharing).
- Set development goals and ensure they are met by analyzing progress throughout the year, adjusting strategy, and working with stakeholders to increase outreach.
- Identify and evaluate potential donors and private sector partners; design and implement prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies; manage relationships with donors and partners.
- Design, organize, and implement targeted and cost effective special events and meetings to advance fundraising engagement opportunities.
- Conduct analysis of complex results or activities, share with relevant stakeholders, and make recommendations for program changes or development of new programs as required.
- Participate in short and long-range strategic planning, especially concerning outreach and development.
- Develop deep expertise in subject matter; stay up-to-date on relevant research and policy developments.
- Participate in center-wide events, working groups, and process documentation.
- Bachelors in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant subject.
- Commitment to evidence based research that tackles issues surrounding poverty and inequality.
- Experience identifying donors/partnerships and successful soliciting of donations.
- Strong technical experience designing and implementing fundraising programs.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized, with strong administrative skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong skills in long-range planning, analysis, problem-anticipation and -solving; ability to independently investigate solutions to challenges and anticipate leadership/sponsor needs.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills in working with colleagues at all levels. Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality. Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to contribute to remaining flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Desired Qualifications
- Masters in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant subject.
- Understanding of economic research.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign.
- Sense of humor with a positive attitude in approaching challenges and uncertainty
Application Requirements For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply Online application is required. Please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu and search for Job ID# 23016. Applications should include a brief cover-letter, resume, and three professional references. We will review applications on a rolling basis.